Do anyone know how to convert atx psu to varible power supply?

Dzoro

Joined Feb 1, 2019
OK, if you were able to add an adjustment function to this power supply I would very much appreciate if you would share that information. My examination of several computer power supplies left me thinking that I had no idea as to where to add an adjusting function. So if you can provide any information I would really appreciate it.
I didn't know eather but dodgydave a user u can find in the previous replays sent a link to me and i followed the instructions and it worked but every atx power supply is different and this metod works only if you have tl494 or ka7500 chip on the pcb so it has a chanse of working or not,but try it it' realy simple.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I didn't know eather but dodgydave a user u can find in the previous replays sent a link to me and i followed the instructions and it worked but every atx power supply is different and this metod works only if you have tl494 or ka7500 chip on the pcb so it has a chanse of working or not,but try it it' realy simple.
THANK YOU.I will need to investigate.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
THANK YOU.I will need to investigate.
Any atx can be made variable, it's a matter of getting the chip model number and obtaining the datasheet for it...

The TL494 /KA5700 is the easiest to do, the others use internal ovp/uvp references and have to be " fooled " by using external presets.

Dzoro

Joined Feb 1, 2019
Any atx can be made variable, it's a matter of getting the chip model number and obtaining the datasheet for it...

The TL494 /KA5700 is the easiest to do, the others use internal ovp/uvp references and have to be " fooled " by using external presets.
Yes but for beginers is more chalinging