DMM Thoughts

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
I am using a fluke 77 Series II and I like alot ... But the other day I got a Fluke 333 AC clamp meter and it works really good but I have no use for one and I was looking to sell or trade it to buy another meter ...So my questions is what should I go with what I can sell the Fluke 333 for ?

Thanks
Jason Sr

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. A good way to find out what someone is willing to pay for it, is to put it up on eBay with no reserve. Coincidentally, that is also a good way to sell it.

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. A good way to find out what someone is willing to pay for it, is to put it up on eBay with no reserve. Coincidentally, that is also a good way to sell it.
Well I have done my homework and find they go for 55 to 75 bucks...

adamclark

Joined Oct 4, 2013
I would pay 50 for it,, but keep that fluke 77,, that's the most reliable meter you will ever have.. I use mine everyday at work and have for the last 8 years.. the only thing ive ever had to do to it is replace the fuse for the amp testing part of it... damn good meter

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
I am really getting into electronics and learning alot but I am not sure a higher count meter is necessary with electronics ???
Oh I am going to keep my fluke 77 II but I am going to sell the Fluke 333 clamp meter to buy another meter I think ... I was looking at the Uni T UT 61E with the 22,000 count meter but not sure if I really need it ..

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I'd recommend holding off on buying equipment until you can identify a specific need for it that justifies the price you are going to pay for it. Otherwise you will end up with a bunch of toys that don't do what you need and not enough money to buy the toy that will.

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
I'd recommend holding off on buying equipment until you can identify a specific need for it that justifies the price you are going to pay for it. Otherwise you will end up with a bunch of toys that don't do what you need and not enough money to buy the toy that will.
I know but I really getting intro electronics and using on meter is a pain .. I would love to get a fluke 87 but I am not sure I could afford it.. I am trying the next meter below the fluke 87 without the extra features but not sure what that is ???

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
There are lots of meters in the $10 to $30 price range and most are just fine for hobbyist-type use. By one or two of the cheap ones until you determine specific features that you need.