dld semester project

rickmartin

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Can you be more specific? If you are asking for help deciding on a digital logic project for a school project, you have several good choices: (simple) logic probe, flip-flop with LEDs, pulse generator, 555 timer circuits, (more complex) pic controller, PLC. Tell us more and we can help more.

haroonasaeed

Joined May 25, 2010
i am working on random number generator circuit and actually i want to make a dice...i dont know how to generate a random ...but i do know that after generating i will show it by bcd decoder and than i will use seven segment to get the output..can you plea help me in this case that how can i generate a random number??

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
There is no TRUE random number. You can use a few techniques to fake a random number.

For instance, you can make a few lists of numbers in your own random order:
LIST A 5,3,6,2,1,4
LIST B 1,2,4,6,3,5
LIST C 6,1,5,2,4,3

Do 10 lists.

And you can use a counter to count time for the roll. The user can press a button to start "shaking the dice" and press it again to "throw" the dice.

Take the time beteween the two button presses.

You can use the last digit of the timer (0-9) to tell the dice code which LIST to pull the random number from.

n1ist

Joined Mar 8, 2009
You can use a fast counter that runs while a button is pressed (to roll the dice). If the counter runs fast enough, human reaction time is slow enough so the result is random.
/mike

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Be sure to have really good regulation on the power supply, since minor variation in current can favor some number over others. It won't be that obvious, unless you track the number over a lot of presses.