diy pcb at home

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
There's a very good thread here somewhere on DIY PCB manufacture. I think Bill Marsden might have tended it, but anyway the folks around here submitted many different approaches to each of the steps. If you're interested and can't find it, let us know. I'm sure we can unearth it.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
You can get custom double sided PCBs with plated thru holes, solder mask, tinned pads a one side silk screen for $34USD for 5x5cm or $44USD for 10x10cm boards. Price includes shipping.

Good, cheap, not very fast but you can pay more for expedited shipping.

Just sayin. ;)

DC_Kid

Joined Feb 25, 2008
i did at-home pcb for making test boards for quite some time. i used a UV light bed to expose circuit tracks printed onto plastic transparencies via laser printer. then expose that to the UV (you need the photo sensitive boards), then you wash away the photo resist and then etch. to etch i used the etching solution from R Shack, my board would have a hole in one corner so i could suspend it in a pool of solution. i used a relatively small plastic cylinder filled with etching solution along with a fish tank heater and small air pump. heat and agitation makes things go faster. after etching rinse with clean water and dry. then i would drill the holes on my drill press using ~029 drill bit. a very slow process, but it works.