diy inground dog fence transmitter

brozizds

Joined Aug 15, 2010
Hi Guys,
I have a question about my innoteck smart dog inground tramsmitter. Does any one know the frequency of this unit and if so is there a schematic available to build the transmitter? I'm still a newbie at this but have diy'ed pcb's and other projects with this sites help! I would like to try and diy this one. I have 2 collars but with the passing storms in our area the trans. went to poop! Thanks Jim :rolleyes:

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
why not just repair the transmitter??? Then you can scope the frequency of the transmitting circuit to build your own if you would still prefer that....

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
With a little Googling you can find your answer. If I recall,that brand uses 600kHz, so you should be able to detect a working transmitter with just an AM radio. I was able to build a test transmitter (to find wire breaks) for a PetSafe system, but that uses 1MHz.

How do you know your transmitter is dead? I mean, are you sure the power supply is OK and the wire loop unbroken? How about the collar batteries?

yourownfree

Joined Jul 16, 2008
A fun place to look if it has a patent, is look it up in the patents site.
That's why people hate to patent because people know their secrets.
It should tell you all you need to know. I'm not sure how collars work but they must have a failsafe frequency. Not just transmit on a frequency. It must have a subfrequency, tone etc to decode, otherwise your dogs will be going nuts everytime coast to coast AM comes on the radio at 600 KHz or whatever. Sounded funny anyway.