Disabling Sound on Electric Fence Receiver

Hutzo

Joined Mar 29, 2014
Hello, I'm not sure if this is even possible and I'm a complete novice when it comes to anything like this. I have a petsafe invisible dog fence, it was installed by a licensed electrician.

Our issue with the fence is that it beeps as if the loop is not continuous on a very regular basis. We've tried replaced all of the wire in the yard and we've had the wire tested for consistency.

We've tried different receivers. The fence works (I've even zapped myself to be sure), but we can't handle the beeping noise that the receiver makes any longer. This is a picture of the circuit board within the receiver, is there any easy way to disable this beeping sound without breaking the device? I appreciate the help.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
The round black thing with a hole in it (above R25 and next to the device with the metal tab) is the piezo beeper. Tape over the hole with a piece of foam tape (like picture mount tape, 3M command tape etc.) and it will block nearly all of the sound. You could also remove it but that would require some soldering skills.

But you should figure out why it's issuing the warning in the first place.

Good luck.