directv gene issues

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
We got the hole home dvr system from DirecTV just over a year ago. it worked ner perfectly for first 5-6 mo. Then we started having thing where every 1-2 mo we have to reset the server receiver. I'm starting to wonder if server receiver is not faulty. I have occasionally walked up to it to turn it off, not recording, anything the hard drive was unusually loud, (this was like spindle motor sound like a loud whir, usually you can only get anything noticeable when the drives about to die.)

I haven't really seen any similar issues in my online research. Any body have this system, or an suggestions. I understand restart may not be big deal, as is sort of like a computer, and maybe they load updates some times, but out old receiver only locked up like one a year if that.

Miss Kelly

Joined Nov 9, 2013
It sounds like they need to send you new equipment. I'm no electronics whiz, but it sounds like you're paying them for service that you're not getting.

Miss Kelly

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Hard to say. We had a lot of these kinds of problems when I worked in the cable industry. It might be design bugs. Complain to your provider.