Diptrace/PCB Layout question! Traces of top and bottom layers!

nornandxor

Joined Dec 11, 2017
Hi,
While I was working on my traces, I kept throwing traces to the bottom. Now I noticed that the bottom traces are overlapped/intersected, does it mean I'm shorting them or what?

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
Hi,
While I was working on my traces, I kept throwing traces to the bottom. Now I noticed that the bottom traces are overlapped/intersected, does it mean I'm shorting them or what?
Not sure what you mean by throwing them to the bottom, but if they're intersecting while on the same layer, they'd be shorted.

Maybe upload pics of your top and bottom traces, along with an image or PDF of your schematic, and we might be able to advise you better

DipTrace has nice error checking features to help identify problems if you're not sure what you're seeing. If you based this layout on a schematic in DipTrace, you can do a net connectivity check which will catch many of the most basic errors.

nornandxor

Joined Dec 11, 2017
Not sure what you mean by throwing them to the bottom, but if they're intersecting while on the same layer, they'd be shorted.

Maybe upload pics of your top and bottom traces, along with an image or PDF of your schematic, and we might be able to advise you better

DipTrace has nice error checking features to help identify problems if you're not sure what you're seeing. If you based this layout on a schematic in DipTrace, you can do a net connectivity check which will catch many of the most basic errors.
Thanks ebeowulf17, yes, I'm new to Diptrace. Your explanation answers my question completely, I just noticed the net connectivity tool, it found many errors like you said. Thanks again!

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
Thanks ebeowulf17, yes, I'm new to Diptrace. Your explanation answers my question completely, I just noticed the net connectivity tool, it found many errors like you said. Thanks again!
Glad I could help!

I'm no expert, but I've used it on a number of projects over the last 3 years or so and I really like it.

If you have any more questions, let me know. If I'm not able to help, I know there are at least a few other DipTrace fans who are regulars on this forum too.

nornandxor

Joined Dec 11, 2017
Glad I could help!

I'm no expert, but I've used it on a number of projects over the last 3 years or so and I really like it.

If you have any more questions, let me know. If I'm not able to help, I know there are at least a few other DipTrace fans who are regulars on this forum too.
Awesome, thanks again! :)