Diode Limiter

error404

Joined Apr 25, 2010
Hi everyone. I study on diodes and saw this question about diode limiters. i cant draw output voltage wave form because of this R2 resistance.i know i am not good at electronics but i try :) anyone show me a way?

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
For the moment, ignore D2 (remove it from the circuit and leave that spot open). What will the waveform on V2 look like? This put D2 back in and ask yourself at what point in the waveform will D2 be forward-biased?

If you need to take a step back even further, remove D1 but replace it with a short across where it was located and find V2. The put D2 back in the circuit by asking yourself at what parts of the waveform will it be reverse-biased.

error404

Joined Apr 25, 2010
For the moment, ignore D2 (remove it from the circuit and leave that spot open). What will the waveform on V2 look like? This put D2 back in and ask yourself at what point in the waveform will D2 be forward-biased?

If you need to take a step back even further, remove D1 but replace it with a short across where it was located and find V2. The put D2 back in the circuit by asking yourself at what parts of the waveform will it be reverse-biased.
thank you for your answer i draw output wave, is it right?

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You've got the right idea, but you need to get more quantitative. Draw V1 and V2 on the same time axis and note the specific points where the changes occur. Someone should be able to look at the graph and say, "When V1 rises above X the output clips at 10.7V and when V1 drops below Y the output clips at 0V."

error404

Joined Apr 25, 2010
You've got the right idea, but you need to get more quantitative. Draw V1 and V2 on the same time axis and note the specific points where the changes occur. Someone should be able to look at the graph and say, "When V1 rises above X the output clips at 10.7V and when V1 drops below Y the output clips at 0V."
i got it :) thanks