dimmer switch using scrs..

gayathri4686

Joined Dec 14, 2004
hi guys.....please help me with the theory on dimmer switches using 2 scrs..i searched the net ....could not find anything convincing......please explain me in a simple way...i was just taught the basics of scr....so.................please help me...it is important for me...it has to use scr's.......pleaseeeee :( :( :( :(

cyberhehe

Joined Oct 6, 2004
Originally posted by gayathri4686@Dec 15 2004, 09:00 PM
hi guys.....please help me with the theory on dimmer switches using 2 scrs..i searched the net ....could not find anything convincing......please explain me in a simple way...i was just taught the basics of scr....so.................please help me...it is important for me...it has to use scr's.......pleaseeeee :( :( :( :(
[post=4125]Quoted post[/post]​
You use 2 SCRs back to back as if you are using a triac and that is the basic of it.

y23c

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Hi!

I´m having a slight problem with Lightingmans circuit and would appreciate some help :)

The problem is; I get an "control" puls roughly 14 degrees in to Q1 and Q3 but can´t control it´s position despite changing the control voltage from just above 0 to 10 volts. see pic

First of, I have replaced some of the components to some I had available at the time;
TR 1,2,3 -> BC548C
TR 4 -> BD241C
ZD 2,3 -> to two 6v2 diods in series

Am I wrong to asume that this shouldn´t cause the problem?

Any ideas to what I have done wrong?

Cheers // Tomas