Digital Voltmeter Module

Cerkit

Joined Jan 4, 2009
Does anyone know where I can get schematics to build a digital voltmeter module. Is it better to buy one??

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
It is better to buy one. There are cheap ones if are an amateur in electronics and don't want to spend much. Try to find some in ebay.

Cerkit

Joined Jan 4, 2009
Do you think I would be able to connect to the digital voltmeter module signals and use them to store the voltage values into a buffer??
I mean to save me time from setting up the sampling circuit myself.

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
I don't think you can do it practically because the PCB inside a multimeter is ver compact. What exactly you want to do?

Cerkit

Joined Jan 4, 2009
The voltmeter readings will be used by software to do calculations for circuit analysis. So I thought it would be convenient to get a voltmeter and interface its signals to my software rather than build a circuit to sample the values.

Cerkit

Joined Jan 4, 2009
Ok. If I just want to make a circuit which can measure dc voltage and present the value on a signal how would I do it?

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
Use an analog to digital converter IC and take its digital output to drive a display (seven segment or LCD) to view the result (measured voltage). If you want you can send this digital signal to a PC for processing etc.