digital to frequency converter.

Dimpi

Joined Sep 6, 2013
Hi all.

For a digital to frequency converter,please tell me the frequency at which its works.is there any internal architecture of digital to frequency converter??

the pdf attached is a IC used in my 3-phse energy meter.i want to know the procedure for finding the frequency output from the IC if the power consumed is 1KWH.Please help.

Attachments

Dimpi

Joined Sep 6, 2013
A phase-locked loop is a popular way of achieving digital-to-frequency conversion. Have a look at the Functional Diagram in Figure 4A.

www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/74HC_HCT4046A_CNV.pdf‎
the link u gave is not opening..

can u please tell me the procedure to calculate the exact frequency using this IC (attached in pdf format)from a power consumption of 1KWH...
By seeing the functional block diagram i can found out the output of LPF to be varying from 6.1to 9HZ(if i am correct).then wat to do nxt??
please help.

Last edited:

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Why have you got two threads asking the same question? That IC doesn't have a fixed relation between pulse rate and kWh.

Dimpi

Joined Sep 6, 2013
Why have you got two threads asking the same question? That IC doesn't have a fixed relation between pulse rate and kWh.
w

so how to decide the frequency of the output which is to be applied at the microcontroller(neuvoton N79E844AWG)which m using in my project Energy meter??please elaborate.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
The phase-locked loop is not what you need, I thought you just wanted to multiply or divide a frequency. This appears to be a thread about power conversion.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I don't know what is a digital to frequency converter.

If you wish to measure frequency there are two ways of doing that.

1) You can count the number of transitions occurring within a fixed time interval.

2) You can measure the time interval between successive transitions.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Hah! So the op wants a DDS or a digital frequency synthesizer. Then he needs a binary rate multiplier and a PLL (phase-locked loop).