Digital Pic Frame LCD dead?

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
Hi guys: I have here 2 Digital Picture Frame lcd sets that are dead, external power supplies are ok,my questionsis has anybody here had success on repairing these things or this is chinese trush?Thanks in advance.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
First thing to check is if you can see anything at all, if the backlight has failed, you will be able to see the image very faintly in certain lights. Replacing the backlight may be possible. If not open it up and try wiggling the connectors around, there will probably be a few flexible PCB type cables that easily come loose.

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
First thing to check is if you can see anything at all, if the backlight has failed, you will be able to see the image very faintly in certain lights. Replacing the backlight may be possible. If not open it up and try wiggling the connectors around, there will probably be a few flexible PCB type cables that easily come loose.
Thanks Mark but i opened them up and do not see anything bad at the naked eye, i wonder why this things just fail with no or litle use, one of them is not mine the person ordered it and it did not work out of the box he did not send it back within warranty i guess it's his loss, i think this is not worth the trouble,thanks anyway.