Digital Multiplexer

Tahmod

Joined Feb 23, 2013
Hi everyone,
Basically, I want to build a 4:1 multiplexer, with one input providing a 5volts to the multiplexer, with another input providing 2.5V and another one to provide a -1.5volts and the last one providing a 0Volts.

I know how to build a multiplexer, the problem is that I dont know what I need to connect to the input to provide 5Volts, what I need to connect to the input of the second to provide 2.5V...

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The Completed Projects Forum is for Completed Projects only. It is meant to allow members to show plans for projects they built so other members can duplicate them if desired. New threads are also automatically moderated per Moderator review for this reason. Your thread does not belong in this forum, and was moved here.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Why would you want to provide a digital multiplexer inputs that are out of the logic range? The multiplexer will only output signals that lie within it's logic range, 0 or 1.

If you need to pass various voltages to a common point, use an analog multiplexer.

As far as supplying the voltage, a potentiometer voltage divider will supply voltage, but you will not get much current capabilities.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Are you sure you mean Digital Multiplexer, or are you talking about an R2R Resistor ladder to get the various voltages from a 5V input?