Digital Multimeter

genome692002

Joined Oct 25, 2006
Hi,...
Any body can recommend a good low cost Digital Multimeter... That can be bought here localy.. I've found 2 one is called DT-830B which cost around 300php and another better one searching www.rsphilippines.com named MeterMan pm1 which along with basic ac dc measurement has diode, capasitance and freaquency too upto 1mhz and 4000 count wide lcd display and cost only 470php... problem is I dont know if they accept personal orders cause when I try to register from their site its asking me to stablish an account with them to pay.. I'am only a student and I dont have a personal bank account.. so can anyone recommend a lowcost multimeter and can you please tell me where it can be bought here localy in metro manila..

thanks..

mrmeval

Joined Jun 30, 2006
You have to register with a valid email and they will probably need a credit card for online purchases. The Meterman would be a far better deal than the other meter, Wavetek is a made by Fluke by far the largest meter maker. Wavetek was bought by Fluke and while the meters lack some of the old Wavetek/Beckman features and accuracy they do alright.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
I own a DT830B. The leads which came with it fell apart very quickly. It's okay for "ballpark" checks or safety tests, but is not very accurate. I call it my "beater meter" because I use it in harsh environments.

genome692002

Joined Oct 25, 2006
I own a DT830B. The leads which came with it fell apart very quickly. It's okay for "ballpark" checks or safety tests, but is not very accurate. I call it my "beater meter" because I use it in harsh environments.
Searching the internet I've found that the DT830B has an accuracy of 0.5% on the larger ranges 200Volts above and goes down to 0.25% when measuring on lower ranges like 200milivolts... Compared to the Meterman which has an accuracy typical of 5%.. that would make meterman a very inaccurate meter. so Im probably going for the DT830B.. My question is how true are these data from experience anyone... These 2 are the most lowcost meters I've found anywhere...

thanks..

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
hi,

you can go for that Sunwa DT380B and you can still get it at less than 300php. accuracy is paramount if it is a neccesity but for usual measuring means that model will do alright. check will Alexan - Escolta if you are in Metro Manila.

i am a client of rsphilippines and they usually deal with companies and has a minimum order to have a free freight delivery cost. ordering it from them would cost you more.

moz