Digital low speed RF transceiver

alan-31

Joined Mar 29, 2010
Hi guy its me again!

Ok, I tried searching for simpler RF circuits but there's a few and I don't know what to choose.

Basically I want to make a pair of RF transceivers that can send/receive digital data. Speed is of no importance, simplicity is. Does anyone know of any circuits for that? I want to make this from the group up for learning. Help!

Last edited:

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Is there a reason for the 1KB/sec datarate?

You could use one that is capable of much faster then use software to only send at 1KB/sec.

alan-31

Joined Mar 29, 2010
No, speed is not an issue at all. I fixed that now to say that. I just want something simple that I can build myself.

rjenkins

Joined Nov 6, 2005
The circuits in this thread
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=37316
may be a reasonable starting point?

Replace the relay with a load resistor to give a digital output and remove the capacitor & diodes straight below it (which control the relay back EMF) and you have a basic AM data link.

You may have to adjust some filter caps to optimise it for higher speed, but in principle it could be OK for a few hundred baud.

alan-31

Joined Mar 29, 2010
hi skeptic, data should be able to travel at least a few meters although say, 30 meters wouldn't be bad but its not required.

Robert, those circuits are great in terms of simplicity (compared to the 2.4ghz project), but I can't read some of the values and more so, I'm afraid I wont be able to make that resistor/relay replacement or capacitor changes correctly. But I can go with these (with your changes) if I cant find anything else.

Is there anything I can search on the internet to get more circuits like this? "RF remote control circuit"?

EDIT: guys I found some 27 Mhz stuff, like this one. I'll check it out:
http://talkingelectronics.com/projects/27MHz%20Transmitters/27MHzLinks-2.html

Last edited: