Digital Function Generator Switching

Wajhi

Joined Oct 17, 2011
Hey folks,

so I have this Lecroy Arbstudio 1104D waveform generator. The problem I am facing is that whenever I change the frequency or the amplitude of the waveform, the function generator doesnt change from previous value instead it feels like it goes to 0 and then change to that value. I.e if I change from 1volt to 2 volt. It would first go to from 1 Volt to 0 volt and from 0 volt to 2 volts.
so its kinda turns off and back on again. Same goes with freq.

The freq generator output range is going to be from 10mV to 200mV
and freq range from 1 Mhz to 60Mhz

So is there any way I can change this behavior? from the device itself?
Would I need to build a "sample and hold circuit"? if yes, which one or what should be the specs?

Also note that the function generator is powering an 200 W Amplifier.
Any help will be appreciated

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
That generator es quite complex.

I do not know for changes on the fly but programming sequences is a well defined process. When I asked my grandaughter about this she said: Go and RTFM.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
I prefer a pot on the output of function generators.

Just run it at full output, and place a pot there. Then you can adjust the amplitude at will, and be able to "tweak" the amplitude as needed which to me is important.

Wajhi

Joined Oct 17, 2011
so this is the solution I got from the LeCroy guys..(sharing here so that if anyone else faces this problem)-
The only way to have the generator switching without a break in the signal is to define every single waveform as an element and put these elements (waveforms) into the sequencer.
The Run Mode needs to be set to Burst. Then every segment (waveform) is replayed until you press the Force Trigger button in the User Interface which then will switch to the next segment and play that waveform.

so basically create waveforms before hand and join them by using interupt