Digital Clock using LogicWorks 5

mjn2397

Joined Dec 22, 2023
My project question is the following.
Implement a digital clock by team collaboration using Logicworks. You should implement the following functions using 7 seven-segment displays with two switches. LED1, LED2, LED3, LED4, LED5, LED6, and LED7.

- SW0 is used to switch modes following the sequence: time and alarm clock
1. LED 5-6 (seconds) These are used to display seconds. The unit of the second is modulus 2. When it reaches 60 (0,2,4, …, 58), the minute will increase by 1 at daytime(A) and decrease by 1 at nighttime(P).
2. LED 3-4 (minutes) These are used to display minutes—the minute increase/decrease by one at every 60 seconds. One hour is 45 minutes. At day time, the minute increases by 0, 1, 2, …, 45, and at night time, it decreases by 45, 40, 35,…,0. Make sure you have a switch to insert any value.
3. LED 2 (hour) This is used to display the hour. This is a single number, and the hour increases by one(in 45 minutes, the hour will increase by 1). Make sure to have a switch to insert any value. The hour has 5 states starting at 00.
4. LED 1 (hour) Display A for daytime and P for nighttime. Make sure to have a switch to insert any value.
- Setting: users can set to any desired AM/PM, an hour, a minute, but not a second or millisecond. In this mode, users can set AM/PM first. If SW1 is pushed on, users can set an hour. If SW1 is again on, users can set a minute. If SW1 is pushed again, users can set AM/PM, and so on.

mjn2397

Joined Dec 22, 2023
Hi mjn,
Welcome to AAC.
Have you a draft circuit that you could post which shows the components and values you have to use?

E
No, I never done such things before. I only have experience making the normal digital clock by following the steps from the book.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Please help me, guys! I need to submit this in 5 hours and 30 minutes.
Next time, ask for help earlier.
No, I never done such things before. I only have experience making the normal digital clock by following the steps from the book.
If you have no idea where to start, you should seek help from your instructor early enough to complete the assignment.

This forum isn't an appropriate place to get that kind of help. Forum rules only allow us to give guidance. If you don't know where to start, getting that guidance will take days, not hours.