different microwave radios working on same freq & direction

sathya_j2084

Joined Oct 27, 2009
hello

how does two microwave links with radios of diifferent vendors (Ericcson and Fujitsu) work along the same direction, same frequency and same polarisation without interfernce?

thanks

davebee

Joined Oct 22, 2008
They might be using spread spectrum radios, in which case they don't actually use the same frequency at the same time.

The spreading function, whatever it may be, makes the instantaneous frequency jump around near the center frequency using a different pattern for different users, so users actually use different frequencies most of the time. Otherwise there would be interference.

wr8y

Joined Sep 16, 2008
hello
same frequency ??????
I think davebee is right, however, one other thing - are they on the same frequency EXACTLY or just the same BAND? If they are labeled, say, "21 gHz", that means they are in that band, but not exactly on 21.000000000 gHz.

We do have a site with several (cant remember now 3 or 4) transceivers all on 5.4 gHz. They are in that BAND, but not exactly on the same frequency at the same time. They do, in fact, all use a form of frequency hopping. We have no idea of knowing what exact frequency they are EVER on.

This is the unlicesed "U-NII" band. Here is a little about it - sorry it's from WIKIpedia! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U-NII

sathya_j2084

Joined Oct 27, 2009
hello

the two radios are exactly on the same frequency. Should there be patented process for freq hopping for each radio manufactures so that one does not interfere with the other or does schemes like emmision code come into play?

wr8y

Joined Sep 16, 2008
Ok, so what frequency are they on?

What type of information is being transported on each one? (I mean, voice, data, video...?)

What kind of modulation is each using?

(The answer to YOUR question is likely found in the answers to THESE questions.)

sathya_j2084

Joined Oct 27, 2009
Ok, so what frequency are they on?

What type of information is being transported on each one? (I mean, voice, data, video...?)

What kind of modulation is each using?

(The answer to YOUR question is likely found in the answers to THESE questions.)

Are 128 QAM scheme and 128 MLCM scheme the same?

wr8y

Joined Sep 16, 2008
Those are modulation methods, not frequencies.

QAM - Quadrature amplitude modulation

MLCM - Multilevel Coded Modulation

The "128" is not a frequency, but a modulation designator. The Frequency should be indicated in gHz or mHz.

Anyway... read up on what I put above, I"m off for three days with my car club! :)

Bye for now!