difference between two mosfets

mah

Joined Mar 15, 2010

Griz

Joined Jun 19, 2013
Part of the confusion here may be that the IRF250 is an N-Channel device while the IRFP250 is a P-Channel device. As far as a semi-conductor of any type being *IDENTICAL* specifications from different manufacturers, they are close but there could be some slight variations. But, that is why we use data sheets, isn't it?

As I understand it, MOSFET linearity is usually only viable in a narrow range of gate inputs and that's only due to a slight flattening of the performance curve within those parameters, not to true linearity of the device.

mah

Joined Mar 15, 2010
Part of the confusion here may be that the IRF250 is an N-Channel device while the IRFP250 is a P-Channel device. As far as a semi-conductor of any type being *IDENTICAL* specifications from different manufacturers, they are close but there could be some slight variations. But, that is why we use data sheets, isn't it?

As I understand it, MOSFET linearity is usually only viable in a narrow range of gate inputs and that's only due to a slight flattening of the performance curve within those parameters, not to true linearity of the device.
both of them are N-channel mosfet

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
There is no practical difference when using either of these FETS as a voltage variable resistor for MPPT tracing.

The differences, if any, do not matter when the FET is used in a closed loop opamp circuit where the opamp does whatever is required to set the gate voltage to get the commanded drain current. That is the whole premise of the voltage-driven constant-current sink circuit that we have been discussing here.

How many threads are you going to start on this topic?

mah

Joined Mar 15, 2010
How many threads are you going to start on this topic?
till i get answer for my problem , i hope any body help for this random values on gate and drain of the mosfet . i think there is a modification on the circuit.