Difference between Chartered Engineer and Graduate Engineer

guru200773

Joined Apr 26, 2010
Can any one clear me what is the difference between Chartered Engineer and Graduate Engineer pls? Thanking u in advance

Nanophotonics

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Briefly,

A graduate engineer is one who recently graduated with little or no experience.

A chartered engineer is an experienced engineer who has pursued a career in engineering and has been recognised for his/her contribution to the field.

guru200773

Joined Apr 26, 2010
Thank u friend... I have another doubt also friend Who is Incorporated Engineer? What is the difference between Chartered Engineer and Incorporated Engineer..

Ghar

Joined Mar 8, 2010
I would imagine the exact definition depends on your local regulations. Ask the group responsible for chartering engineers in your area...

mkbutan

Joined Sep 30, 2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chartered_Engineer_(UK)

In the United Kingdom, a Chartered Engineer is a professional engineer registered with Engineering Council UK (the British regulatory body for engineers). Contemporary Chartered Engineers are master's degree-qualified and have gained professional competencies through training and experience. The formation process (academic + internship / apprenticeship / graduate training + peer reviewed professional practice) of a Chartered Engineer spans a minimum of 8–12 years. The title Chartered Engineer is protected by civil law. With over 180,000 registrants, it is one of the most recognizable international engineering qualifications with registrants in many countries.

Last edited:

mkbutan

Joined Sep 30, 2008
Mr. Guru
In India we have BE;ME;FE
i dont think so any body to home i know did chartered degree
but they must have applied for from some foreign university