Diff Amp minimum detectable input

JeremyB

Joined Jul 22, 2012
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a diff amp that can detect the difference of 1uV across it's +/- inputs. The problem is that I'm not very familiar with diff amp specs so I'm not sure what to look for exactly. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Application: ac current sensing

Thanks,
Jeremy

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a diff amp that can detect the difference of 1uV across it's +/- inputs. The problem is that I'm not very familiar with diff amp specs so I'm not sure what to look for exactly. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Application: ac current sensing

Thanks,
Jeremy
Why is your signal so small?
How much gain do you need?

ssnyde

Joined Apr 4, 2012
Google instrumentation amp. Buy a single chip one with low noise, don't build one from op amps. Use a second stage for more amplification. If your using a current shunt resistor increase the value so your input isn't so low.

ramancini8

Joined Jul 18, 2012
You are not going to find it easy to sense 1Uv with a diff amp because just the circuit board wiring can create that much voltage from noise or thermal effects. Look real hard at amplifying the signal first because the judicious use of filters can improve the signal to noise ratio. You must break the signal down into its frequency components before you select or design the filters.