Did ya ever wonder???

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
Random thoughts:

Ever wonder why great inventors had great names? I mean take Helmholtz for example. It screams scientific and importance. Now imagine that the same guy was born Bill Jones! Or imagine Kirchoff born as Bob Williams. How does "William's Law" work for ya? :D

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Nah, I think you see it that way after you have done the connection in your head, especially since both the names you mentioned are not English.

Think about Bell and Byrd for example. What's so special about those names? They are quite funny actually.

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
Nah, I think you see it that way after you have done the connection in your head, especially since both the names you mentioned are not English.

Think about Bell and Byrd for example. What's so special about those names? They are quite funny actually.
Nah, Alexander Graham Bell has a ring to it! :D
Thomas Alva Edison rolls off the tongue well too! ;)

mbohuntr

Joined Apr 6, 2009
I was looking at a circuit using a Hartley Oscillator, and I wiki'd it. It amazes me that it was patented in the early 1900's, by a man who probably never saw it on a scope. Pure theory and mathemetics.... WOW!!!! I feel very small now.....:eek:

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
Some credit Bell with inventing the telephone, others think this is a Gray area.

Watson, on the other hand, is said to have invented the bell.

I've got to go now - I think the 'phone may be watsoning.