Did I get the right resistor?

shirreff

Joined Sep 6, 2011
Oh no I'm back again!
I needed a new resistor, on the data sheet it says 10ohms and I studied the colour bands and came to the same conclusion so that is what bought or so I thought.
What I got was about 3 times the size so I don't know if I chose the right thing.
Can you have a look at the images and see. If the ones I ordered are ok to use I will use them if not what should I have ordered?
10 ohms small.jpg
10 ohms large.jpg

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Oh no I'm back again!
I needed a new resistor, on the data sheet it says 10ohms and I studied the colour bands and came to the same conclusion so that is what bought or so I thought.
What I got was about 3 times the size so I don't know if I chose the right thing.
Can you have a look at the images and see. If the ones I ordered are ok to use I will use them if not what should I have ordered?
View attachment 34670
View attachment 34671
I can't tell much from the pictures, but most likely the new ones are just a higher wattage than the old ones. That's the reason the new ones are larger. That's not a problem as long as the resistance is the same (10 ohms); just install the new ones as best you can where the old ones were. Replacing resistors with higher wattage resistors is ok, but it would not be ok to replace them with lower wattage.