Dickson charge pump

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by gdavenport75, Dec 31, 2011.

1. gdavenport75

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 31, 2011
    I am trying to build a dickson charge pump circuit and I am running into so many problems. This is my first time doing this and really could use some help.

2. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Welcome to AAC
    I am already lending my hand. Hope it helps

3. jimkeith

Oct 26, 2011
    What voltage are you shooting for?

4. jimkeith

Oct 26, 2011
    This, of course, is not the Dickson charge pump, but I have had a lot of fun fooling around with it--I have cascaded up to 10 stages and was able to flash a neon pilot lamp from a 9V battery without having to resort to magnetics. What is unique is the single pulse response. Output pulse rise time is less than 1us.

All kinds of variations are possible--how about power transistors and computer grade electrolytics? or NPN transistors to generate a negative pulse? or complimentary outputs? or Vcc = 24V?

The output can also be used to charge a capacitor via a diode rectifier.

Visualize it as a number of independent links dangling vertically from a horizontal line, but as soon as you grab and raise the first link, all other links become connected in series as in a long pole--the length indicating voltage...

Or try the one using opto isolators--seems neat, but the performance is not as good.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  5. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    Show us your circuit.

What are the problems?

6. gdavenport75

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 31, 2011
    The voltage is 12 or possibly 18 volts.

7. Adjuster

Dec 26, 2010
    Can you really not manage to tell us more than this - what is your circuit, and what are all these problems you are having?

Nobody can help you if you do not say more about what the trouble is.