Development of new automation systems and very accurate encoders

nok

Joined Jul 28, 2010
1. I search information about development new automation systems, not regular development that develop a new algorithm or new control method or search after the dynamics of the system but development without research and without to take out new patents.
I search after information about development that use standards devices and connect them together and build with them a new automation system like information and websites of companies that sales robots \ controllers \ operators (like all kinds of motors and pneumatics operators) and other stuff that I can connect them and build the new automation system.
What can be the skills that are needed to develop new automation systems like I wrote?
2. I search information after very accurate encoders, the accurate of these encoders are several nanometers, like how they are build inside, companies that develop very accurate encoders and other information that correlated to very accurate encoders.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If you are talking the typical incremental encoder, they are designed around quadrature (90°) detection, mostly by optical means on photo etched glass.
For increased resolution, the detected sine waves are used to produce an arc tangent result for higher resolution.
Robots traditionally have used absolute encoders, for power-up position detection. i.e. no need for zeroing or referencing.
Not sure if this is part of your question?
It sounds CNC world related?
Max.

IC-Man

Joined Jan 3, 2012
There are a bunch of automation companies offering building block to configure an automation system. Companies like Siemens or Rockwell Automation. Maybe you need to be more specific in what kind of automation system you want to build.
There are also plenty of Encoder companies around, like Danaher, Sick etc.
If you want to have an inside in high performance magnetic and optical encoder ICs, take a look at iC-Haus and a comparison: http://ichaus.biz/wp6_magnetic_vs_optical

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
You sound like you could be speaking my language (automation) if you were speaking my language (English). I'm not really sure what you're asking; developing systems using existing automation technology, or developing new automation technology? Anyway, I will commence to vomit as many google words as I can think of: Automation, encoder, PLC, PAC, DCS, CNC, robotics, servo, Lenze, Siemens, Omron, Yaskawa, Allen Bradley, Fanuc, Rockwell Automation, Emerson controls, Red Lion, Accucoder, danaher, honeywell, Wago, Parker, SMC, and blah I'm tired.