Developing electronic weight scale attachments

MattRaff

Joined Aug 4, 2011
I need some help with an attachment to a digital weight scale I'm trying to develop for a project. I will be pushing down on the scale really hard and then releasing some of the pressure and then pushing down on it again really hard and then releasing some of the pressure and I keep doing this over and over with the amount of force I'm exerting on it going between low pressure and high pressure.

My question is how do I create a device that I can hook up to the scale and display on a small monitor only the highest amounts of force that I exert on the scale? So as I press down really hard on the scale the device will show me the force I exerted on it at the point I'm pushing down on it the hardest, but then that number will remain on the monitor of the device until I release some pressure and then put more pressure on it again and it reaches another high point.

If anyone has any idea how I could go about this or even lead me in the right direction that would be awesome.

Last edited:

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
Use a digital multimeter in MAX-MIN mode and have it display the MAX measurement. OK, that's probably not what you want, but it's logically the function you're after. You could do it with a small microcontroller; in software, you take successive readings and only change the display if the current reading is larger than the previous reading.