Designing VLSI application Board [HELP]

farhan89

Joined Feb 13, 2010
Hello all,

I am designing my own VLSI application board, for beginning i want it to be simple, like it will have LEDS or 7 segment dsiplay on the board and it will be connected using 40 pin connector to ST-104 that has SPARTAN II in it.

Can anyone guide me how to do that????

Let suppose i have a VERILOG program in which i can display four names on 7 segment display,

like if the logic is 00=Name 1
01=Name 2
10=Name 3
11=Name 4

so can i do that ???

plz guide me !

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I didn't quite understand what you want to do there?

Do you want to build a PCB board that will include a SPARTAN, its data bus, and 7seg displays in it?
Or you will use a premade development SPARTAN kit and you want to attach a 7seg board on it?

How many 7segs do you want to include? Number makes a difference.

Can you give some more info on the development board you are working on?

farhan89

Joined Feb 13, 2010
Actually i have seprate spartan Board,

I want to design a PCB that connects with that spartan board Using 40-pin Connecter, an the board which i want to design will have 2 bit dip switch for 00 01 10 and 11 pattern, let say i will use only 1 7 segment code and it will display only initails of the name depends upon the logic level of dip switch,

also i want to know that fpga has pin no 3 as input and i want to connect that input with 2 bit dip switch, is that possible that 2 bit switch can be connected with single input of fpga?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
You can't transmit 2 bits through 1 bit input simultaneously. Coding the input would be too much work for what it's worth. We can talk about it if it's absolutely a must, though.

I still don't fully understand what you 're trying to do. If two switches select the sole 7seg display content, why do you need the 40 pin connector?

farhan89

Joined Feb 13, 2010
i need 40 pin connector because the the spartan that i have the only 40 pin connector to connect with the any VLSI application board, that's the problem.