Designing PCB for my project

corefinder

Joined Oct 6, 2011
Hi, i have to make a project. There is a circuit i searched online and i want to make a design for pcb from it. As machine takes a gerber format so please tell me any software for designing my PCB. Thanks.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
*Every* PCB layout package will ultimately produce gerber files as an output. The only exceptions are those free packages dedicated to a specific vendor such as ExpressPCB or PCB123.
You can actually purchase the Gerber files from ExpressPCB, I had used them to make a prototype PCB, then got the Gerbers and sent them out to another company to produce the boards and populate them.

Eagle CAD will also generate Gerbers, DXF, or NC files for your PCB's, you just have to use the right ULP to produce what file format you need.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
You can actually purchase the Gerber files from ExpressPCB, I had used them to make a prototype PCB, then got the Gerbers and sent them out to another company to produce the boards and populate them.
I've done the same with them. Costs you twice the price, once to buy the physical boards, and again for the files. At least you have a known board to verify early on.

I'm not complaining, they are an excellent service. Good cheap and fast is very hard to find.