designing monoflop (monostable multi-vibrator)

cherry_bubble

Joined Jul 28, 2010
Hi, I am a first year undergrad, and for my research, I was asked to design a monoflop (monostable multi-vibrator) which takes in a sine wave, and outputs two square waves which are corresponding to each other (one is on while the other is off, and vice versa)

I was told to refer to the design in attachment. However, no values were listed in the sample design. I'm just wondering if someone could please help me calculate the values I would need for the circuit, since I haven't learned how to analyze transistor and diodes yet. Also, I would like to know whether or not the design will give me what I require.

I know from different readings that the collector for T1 and T2 is one output and the collector from T3 is the other output. I have tried arbitary values (set all resistance to 50ohms), and the problems I'm having are that a) the output from T1 and T2 is still a sign wave, and b) the output from T3 is not big enough and it's a rounded/sloped square wave/ or a spike in a square wave. Since I have no clue regarding what are the appropriate values for each device, I cannot seem to get what I want on it.

(Also, I have seen other monoflop designs online, however, the majority of them are creating square waves from a pulse, which is different from the sine wave. If there are any site that uses sine wave as input, I would be glad to hear about them.)

Attachments