DESIGNING CIRCUITS

hobbyist

Joined Aug 10, 2008
Hello
I would like to start a thread that newcomers with questions on how to design the basic circuits, could come to as a library of circuit designs only,
an archive of how each person would design a circuit.
Because I have learned a lot from reading how people went about designing there circuits that they were explaining to other people on this forum. I thought wouldn't it be nice if all this info (circuit design)could be archived for research of how the experts do it.

Rules could be:
1. give a title of circuit. And your own personal methods of how you design this curcuit. Give as much details like a personal design diary that would help people see the many ways of approaching the very same project where they can glean all the info needed, to build there project.

2. These entries must have been built and tested to give proven results that your method of designing this circuit, worked as such.

3. If majority of posters see a lot of errors in some ones design or methods, that could be confusing or dangerous than the moderator can delete it out.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
What you are referring to is called a cookbook. It's been kinda personal crusade of mine, but currently stalled.

Haveing said that, have you looked at my blog?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Don't know. Dave did say he had some thoughts in the works, and you can see where I was wanting to go in the suggestions forum.

If the albums ever move in a certain direction they would make a excellent resource, but at the moment we can't sort the pictures, nor save with replace, so it isn't practical (they do allow comments and threads though, which is great).

I'm slowly building up a 555 section for the book, which I have also linked in my blog, but this goes slow for one person.

There was a suggestion to create a master index for the completed projects forum, which is also an excellent idea.

I think it will happen, we are waiting for several other things to happen first. A cookbook is rightfully a book in its own right. A new volume for the AAC book perhaps?

Maybe we ought to be posting this in the suggestions forum (again). A submission is a miniarticle in its own right.

BTW, don't forget the experiments in volume 6.