Designing a 2-to-4 decoder

mcc123pa

Joined Sep 12, 2010
Hi all-

Here are the directions to my problem:

Design a 2-to-4 decoder with Enable input. Use only NAND and NOT gates. The circuit should operate with complemented Enable input and with complemented output. That is, the decoder is enabled when E is equal to 0 (when E is equal to 1, the decoder is disabled regardless of the values of the other two inputs; when disabled, all output are HIGH). The selected output is equal to 0(while all other outputs are equal to 1)

That's a lot, but I managed to find a website that breaks it down with a good complete drawing and truth table: http://teahlab.com/Combinational/decoders/twoFourDecoder/two4decodere.html

In my opinion, the drawings here match what I was asked to do in this problem. My question is, is this problem the same as the one I was given? Do I need to alter the drawing/table given on the website to fit my problem?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!!

mcc123pa

Joined Sep 12, 2010
Hi, just so everyone's aware, the link won't show the picture unless you have Java. If you can't see the picture, could you at least please comment on the veracity of the truth table? It should show regardless of if you have Java or not. Thanks!