Design rules for 0.35 um CMOS? Where to get it from?

imfaizzi

Joined Oct 11, 2008
Hi,

I need to find the "Design Rules" for 0.35um CMOS technology. Will somebody guide me where to get these from?? I've tried Google but the search results get, both, too specific & very technical for a newbie like me.

I'll be really thankful.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Let me explain something to you. Most of us here are hobbyists; we build stuff on a macro scale in our basements and garages. We lack the scratch to obtain the CAD tools that would allow us to putter around with 0.35 μm CMOS fabrication, let alone advise you on such things.

It might happen that some member on this board has access to such tools at work, but what you are asking may actually be be very closely and jealously guarded IP even after a company has moved to smaller geometries.

You have an absolute right to ask the question, but you should not be surprised if nobody answers. I've heard this type of question before, and I can't recall that I've EVER seen an answer. In short -- don't hold your breath waiting for one.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It seems as though the OP was a not a student, but a working Engineer. A student should have access to more than enough resources. Engineers at an SV startup might not. I guess it would help if the OP could clarify the nature of his request.

imfaizzi

Joined Oct 11, 2008
Most CMOS textbooks will at least mention some generic rules...

A simplified universal one is the set of Lambda rules:
http://lsiwww.epfl.ch/LSI2001/teaching/webcourse/ch02/ch02.html#2.5
Thanks man, I really appreciate your concern. The above link has almost served the purpose well.

It seems as though the OP was a not a student, but a working Engineer. A student should have access to more than enough resources. Engineers at an SV startup might not. I guess it would help if the OP could clarify the nature of his request.
I'm sorry for the delay, since I was unable to get online for past few days. I'm a computer science student and my major don't include electronics or VLSI for that matter. I was only given away with this assignment with quite a minimal knowledge on CMOS technology and, for that, I came here for guidance. I don't think I've asked too much of it.

P.S: What's a OP?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
OP is an acronym for Original Poster.

As I said you have every right to ask such questions, I was only offering an observation that the number of folks on this forum engaged in CMOS chip design might limit potential responses. It is not the kind of thing that a hobbyist has the financial means to engage in. Of course as a student your tuition gains you access to equipment, tools, software and such that rest of us can only fantasize about.

Good luck in your studies.

PB

eng1ne

Joined Dec 4, 2009
In my personal experience, no Internet resource (except e-books) can compete with hard copy books.

Are you a member of any professional institutions? I know the IET for example, with whom I am registered, have an excellent library on subjects such as CMOS technoligies.

I'm assuming you're employed, are you studying at the minute?