Design of a Microcontroller Based Signal Generator

chamara

Joined Oct 22, 2011
Requirements

>Resolution:Maximum 20mV
>Range:--2.5Vto +2.5(should be adjustable 2 buttons-up/down)
>Frequency Range:0 to 10 kHz (should be adjustable 2 buttons-up/down)
>Waveforms:square/sinusoidal/Traingular(should be selected using toggling 1 button)
>When the systen is powered on,the frequency,level and waveform shape used on the last use should be used as the default values

Guidelines
>Use PIC16f84A or PIC16F628 microcontroller
>you are only allowed to use assembly language for programming

This is the project i have to do,but still no idea how to program the PIC
can you help me to programe the code?

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Based on the description given, this appears to be a class assignment. As such it belongs in the Homework section.

Is it a class assignment? I will move it if it is.

hgmjr

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I'd suggest the 16F628 because it is better.
Have you made any start on it that we can look at?
Have you designed the circuit, presumably you are allowed an op amp to shift the voltage from 0-5V down to the requirement.

chamara

Joined Oct 22, 2011
hmm...circuit is not yet start,but the problem is PIC programming part. because i haven't any idea how to do this project.

AlexR

Joined Jan 16, 2008
In any project you can't start writing code until you have the hardware design nailed down.
In this case the hardware requirement are somewhat unclear.
Is all the function generation to be done by the PIC, in which case I don't know how you are going do it, and in fact I seriously doubt that it can be done and certainly not on a low end chips like the PIC16F84 or the PIC16F628.
Or are you allowed to use other chips to generate the functions and use the PIC only as a controller, in which case the project is doable but there has to be a fair amount of hardware design done before you even start to think about the coding.

AlexR

Joined Jan 16, 2008
That's not the way it works around here. If you come up with a design and are stuck over a particular problem we will be pleased to help but no-one here is going to do the project for you.

In any case as I stated you need to design your hardware before you or anyone else can begin to write code. Show us your design and we may be able to give you some tips.