Design An Adjustable Current Gain Circuit

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by lekhanhvinh, Oct 23, 2010.

  1. lekhanhvinh

    Thread Starter New Member

    Oct 18, 2010
    I would like to design an Adjustable Current Gain Circuit that can adjust the gain of the circuit.

    For instance,
    the signal is sine wave, 4Vp-p, 2mA. I want to keep the voltage the same but amplify the current from 50 to 1000. Will this doable? I know that we can use PNP, JFET, etc to amplify the current with the Gain of 1000 easily but output is fixed.

    Any input to the problem is welcome and appreciated
  2. SgtWookie


    Jul 17, 2007
    Use a power opamp as a voltage follower. An L2720 or L2722 would be an economical solution.

    Connect your signal to a non-inverting (+) input.
    Connect the output to the inverting (-) input.
    The output voltage will follow the input voltage within a couple of millivolts.