delete account

darsie

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Hi!

I am disappointed about this forum and would like to delete my account. How can I do that. I already asked it to be deleted, but it's still there.

Thanks, Bernhard

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello Bernhard,

What has happened that you want your account to be deleted?
Is there something we said?
Was the responce not enough?

You must know there are a couple of members who are willing to help you.

Greetings,
Bertus

darsie

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Hi Bertus!

Well, I found an incorrect statement [1] in the e-book and since I had noticed the feedback link I reported it [2]. My point was dismissed by a Senior Member and a Super Moderator invited me to register to continue this thought. I registered and wanted to reply, but the thread was closed. This got me quite upset.

Firstly I couldn't reply to the senior member.

Secondly, why did this Supermoderator invite me to register to continue this thought when he (I guess) closes the thread.

Thirdly, I've been through such a situation in a forum before. I was talking about a topic which was unwanted and my thread got deleted. I didn't know why it had disappeared and reposted it. My account got locked because I had restarted a deleted thread. Ohh well, I had nothing but trouble in this forum.

I don't see how my thread could be so offensive or whatever that it would be closed so quickly, but maybe this is again a community where I don't fit. So I want to save everyone the trouble and leave.

Maybe I overreacted a little and should not give up so fast. Would you reopen the thread?

Anyways, is there a way to delete accounts? I regard this an important feature. I realize it has it's problems. If my name get's reregistered there may be confusion about who wrote what. And if the account get's locked, it won't be truly deleted. Just saving the names of deleted accounts might open some kind of DoS attack, where someone registers and deletes many accounts, thus depriving the namespace of interesting names. But this could be circumvented by only deleting accounts manually by administrators on request. It won't happen too often.

Bernhard

[1] "... whereas current can only take place where there are free electrons to move."
[2] http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=34519

Last edited:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello Bernhard,

I will discuss this with the other moderators.
I will get back to you.

The forum you posted in as unregisted guest is only for feedback.
Discussions can be held as member in the general chat area.
There are sometimes also discusssions on eBook topics.

Greetings,
Bertus

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Unregistered users sometimes continue on without any sort of seriousness. Sometimes people drop in to rant about overunity or other such topics. The members of this forum tend to not take the unregistered volleys to serious, because the guest doesn't seem to care about their topic enough to register. Its like prank calling. If you really want to talk, knock on the door, introduce yourself and talk.

The unregistered messages are usually locked because we have no idea if it was the original poster who is speaking as "Unregistered".
Feel free to start a thread about the topic you want to discuss as a member.
Remember to have a thick skin. All most people want is a proof. Lots of things can be said, not all can be proven. And remember context.

darsie

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Unregistered users sometimes continue on without any sort of seriousness. Sometimes people drop in to rant about overunity or other such topics.
I read the sticky post about the trouble with overunity you have here. Though I like this topic (I invented two perpetual motion machines myself (though no electronic ones.) and might like to chat about it occasionally, I have no problem avoiding it here.

The unregistered messages are usually locked because we have no idea if it was the original poster who is speaking as "Unregistered".
I see. But does this really matter much. If someone feels to talk about a subject someone else brought up, why shouldn't she. Unless there's a flame war about who is the OP, I don't see a problem.

Bernhard

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
You would have to see what happens sometimes.. If I jumped into your thread as unregistered and you were unregistered, anything I say would look like it was coming from you.

If someone wants to converse about something, they should register. For the sake of the community, numbers matter. I wouldn't want to keep responding to "someone or thing" I dont know is real. Unregistered could be 25 different people or a bot.

So much help is offered in this forum. Lots of people are helped every day. We are busy people. Why would we waste our time conversing on someone who is blatantly saying: "Give me what I want, I don't care enough to even register. "

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
Darsie,

The moderator deleted the post because you was unregistered. Now you are registered and you can open a new threat with the same subject.

I read the sticky post about the trouble with overunity you have here. Though I like this topic (I invented two perpetual motion machines myself (though no electronic ones.) and might like to chat about it occasionally, I have no problem avoiding it here.

Bernhard
Perpetual motion machines are impossible. Why not share your design.
There are overunity forums that enjoy that sort of...

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
I have to say I was sorry that thread was closed.

I agreed with much, though not all , the OP originally proposed.

I have only just deleted the half prepared response I was going to post when it was finished.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The OP want to close an account because a post that was made before the OP followed the rules was closed. The OP is enjoying all the fuss they have caused, I'm sure.

The OP doesn't want to follow any rules, either natural or man made.

<tongue in check> We could just ban this OP, then everyone is happy. I would be, and the account would be closed.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Even if the OP has flagged his interest for perpetual motion. He is welcome to discuss almost everything in this forum except from perpetual motion and overunety topics. Then he said "Current requires electrical charges to move, not neccessarily electrons" so is that correct. As an example. The current flow in the human body is due to ion flow, not electrons. Then we want to measure say ECG. A biopotential electrode connected to body. The electrode is a transducer that senses ion distribution on the surface of tissue,and converts the ion current to electron current. I will urge the OP to repost his questions.

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
Then he said "Current requires electrical charges to move, not neccessarily electrons" so is that correct. As an example. The current flow in the human body is due to ion flow, not electrons.
That is the subject I think merits rational discussion.