Delayed Timer

reformed. luddite

Joined May 31, 2013
I know what I want but don't know how to achieve it, I have a 3 volt motorised battery operated model tram, and require to run from A to B, B to A, the delay timer when triggered run motor to B end stop, & 5 seonds later start in reverse and run motor to A end.
when triggered stop 5 seconds delay start to B end etc etc.if possible to be run by on board 9 volt battery.

Unfortunatley i will need a component list & pin connection list.

Any one willing to help a 65 year old Luddite?? thanks

Last edited:

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
Is the return journey accomplished by the same motor or is there a second motor that runs in opposite direction.

How do you want the 5 seconds delay timer to fit into your present circuit ?

Allen

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
This can be done with a 555 timer and a flipflop, with slotted opto at each end of the track,or two reed switches and a magnet on the train, when the train gets to the end it triggers the flipfop that reverses the train, at the same time the 555 timer is started and disconnects the supply for say 5 seconds. , Relay 1 controls direction, Relay 2 power on time delay 0-10 seconds. Use transistors to power the DPDT relays and you could put push switches across the reed switches for manual control.

(Excuse drawings)

Attachments

Last edited:

reformed. luddite

Joined May 31, 2013
Is the return journey accomplished by the same motor or is there a second motor that runs in opposite direction.

How do you want the 5 seconds delay timer to fit into your present circuit ?

Allen
Thanks for your intrest,i have a single motor with mechanicle switch.i would want the delay timer with battery power supply on board tram, again thanks. Dave

reformed. luddite

Joined May 31, 2013
This can be done with a 555 timer and a flipflop, with slotted opto at each end of the track,or two reed switches and a magnet on the train, when the train gets to the end it triggers the flipfop that reverses the train, at the same time the 555 timer is started and disconnects the supply for say 5 seconds. , Relay 1 controls direction, Relay 2 power on time delay 0-10 seconds. Use transistors to power the DPDT relays and you could put push switches across the reed switches for manual control.

(Excuse drawings)
thanks for your reply and your time,i will let you know how i get on with circuit but it might take some time and a few anglo saxon words,but i will get there, thanks again luddite dave

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Will it be out of the question using a microcontroller approach in this case. This solution do not have to cost much

reformed. luddite

Joined May 31, 2013
hello, thanks for your interest, as i want the tram to carry its own power supply and controller as it saves a lot of line and track work ,not sure how microcontroller would work ? or are you saying it could be carried on the tram? thanks reformed luddite