Delay Timer Circuits?

KK1980

Joined Nov 26, 2008
Hi,
I would like to design relay timer circuit using 555 timer and 12V relay. I want my design to be in such criteria:

Requirement:

First I will set the timer (for exampe 10s). Then I turn on power (supply the 12V). After 10s, the relay will switch from (NC) to (NO) and stay in such a way. The relay will only switch back to NC when I turn off the power.

Anyone got any idea how to design this circuit. Can it be achieved using 555 timer or need other IC? Please advice.
Thanx.

Nick

KK1980

Joined Nov 26, 2008
Hi,
I would like to design relay timer circuit using 555 timer and 12V relay. I want my design to be in such criteria:

Requirement:

First I will set the timer (for exampe 10s). Then I turn on the power (12V). After 10s (or other timing), the relay will switch from (NC) to (NO) and stay in such a condition. The relay will only switch back to NC when I turn off the power.

Anyone got any idea how to design this circuit. Can it be achieved using 555 timer or need other IC? Please advice.
Thanx.

Nick

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Sounds doable, matter of fact I have seen others do it. Not sure what you mean by setting the timer to 10's though. The 555 is programed using resistors and capacitors. You can read about the monostable here.

I'll be back with how to connect a monostable to a relay...

Parts List:

R1 : 10KΩ
R2 : 1KΩ
C1,2 : 0.1µF
Q1 : 2N2222
CR1 : 1N4001
K1 : Any rated Relay

Attachments

Last edited: