Decent opamp for comparator?

Phil-S

Joined Dec 4, 2015
For Christ's sake - you could have made one by now. Some sand, a dollop of germanium and a blast furnace. If chimpanzes can type out the works of Shakespeare, sooner or later a comparator will be formed.
Buy an MCP6542 - just works, looking at one working now.
Forget ebay. If you are in the UK, Farnel or RS will deliver within 12-hrs. Just taken delivery of another batch today together with MAX406 op amps (best ever used) and some LT1013s to try out. Can't speak for Trumpland.
I have an AtTiny85 running now in sleep mode consuming just 0.4uA at 3.3-V which would do the job and last into the next centuary on a coin cell.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
For Christ's sake - you could have made one by now. Some sand, a dollop of germanium and a blast furnace. If chimpanzes can type out the works of Shakespeare, sooner or later a comparator will be formed.
Buy an MCP6542 - just works, looking at one working now.
Forget ebay. If you are in the UK, Farnel or RS will deliver within 12-hrs. Just taken delivery of another batch today together with MAX406 op amps (best ever used) and some LT1013s to try out. Can't speak for Trumpland.
I have an AtTiny85 running now in sleep mode consuming just 0.4uA at 3.3-V which would do the job and last into the next centuary on a coin cell.
Another on my block list.