DCkits

iONic

Joined Nov 16, 2007
I'd be cautious with them. The site seems a bit amateurish and has very little documentation and photos. I haven't ordered from them and do not believe that I would either.

iONic

Last edited:

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Hi,

Has anyone here ordered from http://www.dckits.com/?
I ordered a 12v 300ma power supply kit. When it arrived, it wasn't a kit; it had been assembled. The problem is that I ordered it just to get the transformer, so I had to disassemble the kit, and the transformer wasn't 300ma. The soldering job on the assembly wasn't too good.

My impression is that it's a garage operation, but I could be wrong.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I like them.

I like supporting the hobbiest-cum-kitster

I like their privacy policy.

I like the ham anti-off-the-shelf attitude.

I like bluerooms motto:
Smart kits build smart people.

What were you thinking of getting?

Will777

Joined Sep 12, 2010
Hey Retched,

Thanks for the reply.

I want to get the PLL-SFM Transmitter Kit - looking for an affordable PLL kit and at $79.95 its unbeatable value!

Do you have any electronic contact details for them please - like an email address? The mail address I have is bouncing.

Will777

Joined Sep 12, 2010
I'd be cautious with them. The site seems a bit amateurish and has very little documentation and photos. I haven't ordered from them and do not believe that I would either.
The seem to have good prices on PLL kits, will gather a bit more info

Will777

Joined Sep 12, 2010
I ordered a 12v 300ma power supply kit. When it arrived, it wasn't a kit; it had been assembled. The problem is that I ordered it just to get the transformer, so I had to disassemble the kit, and the transformer wasn't 300ma. The soldering job on the assembly wasn't too good.

My impression is that it's a garage operation, but I could be wrong.
Oops, that's not great - I'd be quite upset if it comes assembled - I am specifically wanting a kit to assemble myself.

Thanks for the info - maybe Ramsey is a better, safer option.