DC to AC

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Look up inductors and the formula relating the permeability and cross section of the core area, lengths and number of turns of wiring will be easy to find.

Well you might have to go next page a couple of times but that isn't hard.
The inductor formula is Xl=2*3.14*f*l
If we measure it from multimeter, the resistance shown what will it describe..?

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
The inductor formula is Xl=2*3.14*f*l
If we measure it from multimeter, the resistance shown what will it describe..?
That's the formula for inductive reactance, the effective resistance to alternating currrent at a speific frequency.

The formula for single layer air wound coils is L = (r^2 * n^2) / (9r + 10l)
where:
L = inductance in μH
r = outer radius of coil in inches
l = length of coil in inches
N = number of turns

It of course gets far more complex the deeper you go into it but this would be a good starting point:
http://www.raftabtronics.com/TECHNOLOGY/ElectromagneticBasics/InductorBasics/tabid/109/Default.aspx

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
That's the formula for inductive reactance, the effective resistance to alternating currrent at a speific frequency.

The formula for single layer air wound coils is L = (r^2 * n^2) / (9r + 10l)
where:
L = inductance in μH
r = outer radius of coil in inches
l = length of coil in inches
N = number of turns

It of course gets far more complex the deeper you go into it but this would be a good starting point:
http://www.raftabtronics.com/TECHNOLOGY/ElectromagneticBasics/InductorBasics/tabid/109/Default.aspx
Any instrument for measuring inductance...?

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
i have been trying to meke something like this but just to test transformers. i have tried 555 timers it didn't work but i may have used soething that looked like a timer. is there any way to tell just looking at them. i have some old driver circuits from switch mode power supplys but havn't figured out how to drive them off 3-12 v from my bench supply. any suggestions or ideas of what i should do.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Some devices-like motors- depend on the direction of a magnetic field for them to operate properly.

Some devices-like relays- depend on the strength of the magnetic field and it does not matter which direction this field has(north pole or south)

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Phase is important in RF. Many times signals are coupled from one amplifier stage to another with coils and if the proper 'polarity' is not observed then the circuit will not work or will be severly degraded. The sinewaves either add to each other when they are in phase or cancel each other when they are 180 degree out of phase and make strange looking and complex waveforms when they are combinded in ways that neither cancel nor add together.

READ more about them-Google returns millions of hits on searches like RF amplification theory and Phase Lock Loop These returns have answers to the questions you ask. Also check out Semiconductor doping methods and Switch mode power supply theory as well as DC to AC sinwave inversion methods

Keep on reading my young friend, the only thing between you and a brilliant career in electronics is about 10 years of books and classes