DC to AC

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
I am trying to make Dc to Ac (Inverter) For this I have Generated Freq. From Relay (Supplying Ac) & I want to calculate It's O/P Power Without Measuring It's Current (Having no Rating of Transformer)............!

Pls Help!!:confused:

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Relays are typically rated at 10,000 cycles to 1,000,000 cycles. If you assume best case (1 million cycles) at 50 Hz, your relay will go for 20,000 seconds, or a little under 6 hours. Best case.

I suggest you investigate H-bridges, half H-bridges (with dual supplies or two batteries) and the dangers of any such inverter. You could also consider buying an inverter. You can pick up a decent 300W unit for under £35 (~$50.) With the time and effort you put into building a low quality inverter, you can pick up a professionally designed modified square wave inverter which will do the job for most appliances.

sceadwian

Joined Jun 1, 2009
It won't even last that long tom, switch at 50 hz the relay will never be fully engaged, it will be constantly in a state of contact bounce with lots of arcing. I'd be surprised if it lasted 10 seconds before it welded shut.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
It won't even last that long tom, switch at 50 hz the relay will never be fully engaged, it will be constantly in a state of contact bounce with lots of arcing. I'd be surprised if it lasted 10 seconds before it welded shut.
I would have to agree.

It might make an interesting short term light bulb. (That is loud and noisy as all get-out) ;)

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
I have connected relay For some time as I am designing 50Hz From 555 IC But Having problem For giving higher Current From it O/P that's Why I Have Connected relay & Pls, Tell How To Find O/P Power Of It Without Measuring It's Current..........?

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Umm, there are these things called transistors, been around for over 60 years.

You really need to read through the e-book and gain some basic electronic knowledge, there''s a link to the book at the top of each forum page.

Potato Pudding

Joined Jun 11, 2010
I have Seen some inverter having high voltage I/P While some having High Current why pls Explain.......?
The Power derives from the factors of voltage and current.

You can use higher voltage to get more power or you can get more power from more current or from more of both.

Higher current is sensitive to resistance in the circuit.
The main danger of high current is that it will cause a fire.

High voltage is sensitive to inductive capacitive reactance in the circuit. The main danger of high voltage is that it can kill people.