DC timer with Spinning DC Motor

Toprock

Joined Nov 15, 2011
My question is my spinning DC motor is assembled to a K2579 timer it has power but the led light will not come on can anyone help me troubleshoot my problem? I went to website for K2579 and no additonal info is listed.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
This is a Velleman kit.
Here is the documentation for it:
http://www.velleman.eu/downloads/0/illustrated/illustrated_assembly_manual_k2579.pdf

Here is the schematic from page 11 of the manual:

Now we have something to work with.

Do you have a multimeter?

Does the timer work (start and stop buttons and time set) except for the LED not lighting?

If you can start the timer, stop the timer, and set the time to operate, then you may have a bad solder connection for R7, the LED itself, or you may have installed the LED backwards (they only light when current is flowing through them one way; the flat spot on the side needs to be towards the switches).

Attachments

Last edited:

Toprock

Joined Nov 15, 2011
Thanks, did check everything you said and that's not the problem and I am thinking maybe it's a bad potentiometer (trimmer).

Toprock

Joined Nov 15, 2011
I must be doing something wrong because I bought another K2579 kit and it's not working either. Any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
A clear description of what the kits do and what they don't to would be a good start.

A good picture of the completed kit would also be a help. A file in .png format is preferable.

You might like to start by checking that your 12V DC supply is good: is it the right voltage, and connected round the right way?
To check this and other things, a multimeter would be a really great help (either an analogue model or a digital type, aka a DMM).

Edit: I see SgtWookie also asked about a meter, but you did not answer. You did not give much detail of the results of what you checked either. Information is needed or people will not be able to help so much.

Last edited: