DC power supply module For HP 1610

Gompers

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Can anyone tell me if I can build a power supply for the PSC All in one H P 1610
The module was missing from the unit a friend bought for cheap. It needs a dual dc supply 16 VDC +32VDC
I was thinking of combining two separate D C 'Wall rats',but,I suspect the original 's step down winding has a center tap to provide the two voltages.

The female port for the module has three openings to accept a three pronged male plug (Which I'll have to fabricate) How would I pair two units and wind up with the correct application? The port is clearly marked with plus and minus and ground designations. Thanx Gompers

S_lannan

Joined Jun 20, 2007
just a thought, see if the manufacturer has spares, a fabricated supply might be more expensive than the genuine spare.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Wall warts are notoriously for poor regulation and nonsense specs. I would want to have a pretty good idea of the two levels of current involved. Considering that you have a few bucks sunk in the device, a couple of regulated supplies could be in order.

Gompers

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Gompers;59181]Can anyone tell me if I can build a power supply for the PSC All in one H P 1610
The module was missing from the unit a friend bought for cheap. It needs a dual dc supply 16 VDC +32VDC
I was thinking of combining two separate D C 'Wall rats',but,I suspect the original 's step down winding has a center tap to provide the two voltages.

The female port for the module has three openings to accept a three pronged male plug (Which I'll have to fabricate) How would I pair two units and wind up with the correct application? The port is clearly marked with plus and minus and ground designations. Thanx Gompers.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Hmmm - a quick check of Marlin P. Jones & Associates catalog shows they have 18V 4.2A supplies for $9.95/each as stock# 16684-PS
http://www.mpja.com (home page)
http://www.mpja.com/prodinfo.asp?number=16684+PS (direct link to supply)
You may be able to connect a couple of them in series, and use three power rectifier diodes on each end to get +/-16v (assuming the rectifiers will drop about 0.7v across themselves.) That'll save you about $30. You will still need to build an enclosure, make an interface cable, etc. However, the supply you found will most likely need to have all of it's electrolytic capacitors replaced right away.