DC output of bridge rectifier

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
If i use RABF24 bridge rectifier and giving 230V AC input to it what will be the DC output from the rectifier.
If the bridge has an output filter capacitor, the no-load output will equal the peak of the AC sinewave minus two diode drops or about 324Vdc.

Why are you using a fast rectifier for this?

Saiteja chinthalapati

Joined Oct 25, 2018
If the bridge has an output filter capacitor, the no-load output will equal the peak of the AC sinewave minus two diode drops or about 324Vdc.

Why are you using a fast rectifier for this?
i want an output of 150-180V DC when i give 230v AC to rectifier. How to select the rectifier? and also for me size constraint is there
Max. Size(Width) - 12mm

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
It will take a lot more components than just a rectifier to get from 230VAC down to 150-180VDC at 1A.
If 12mm is the max for one dimension, what are the other dimension limits?
How will you dissipate the heat generated by the conversion?

Saiteja chinthalapati

Joined Oct 25, 2018
It will take a lot more components than just a rectifier to get from 230VAC down to 150-180VDC at 1A.
If 12mm is the max for one dimension, what are the other dimension limits?
How will you dissipate the heat generated by the conversion?
Length wise there is no constraint but height some 12 to 15 mm and no need to worry about heat dissipation i will take care of that

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If capacitor smoothed, you need 126vac, if not then 180vac maximum, voltage can usually be reduced by removing turns, easier on a toroidal type, however.
If no transformer used, then a buck/boost type can be used.
Max.