DC motor turns both ways


Joined Sep 26, 2009

I tend to agree with Shortbus. a cam requires a follower; a crank is used to convert linear to rotary motion or vice versa.

How big is your Santa?
as shortbus said, anyone can write an article in Wikipedia but not necessarily be right....

so according to the Meriam-Webster Dictionary:

A CAM is a rotating or sliding piece (as an eccentric wheel or a cylinder with an irregular shape) in a mechanical linkage used especially in transforming rotary motion into linear motion or vice versa
A CRANK is a bent part of an axle or shaft or an arm keyed at right angles to the end of a shaft by which circular motion is imparted to or received from the shaft or by which reciprocating motion is changed into circular motion or vice versa
so in your guys neck of the woods you use different terminology than what I do, cool, so be it.


Joined Feb 3, 2014
I recently bought 2 reversing toggle switches for $15 each with auto-center off for a handicapped fellows drivers chair motor.


Just center off DPDT would work too if you want to wire the crossover X yourself. That switch has a long handle too. They have others there. Four blades means slide on connectors, not screws like the picture shows. I had to drill and tap them with my own screws.
Last edited: