DC motor parameters

dmta

Joined Mar 24, 2013
Hi everyone !!!!!!!

I am working on a DC motor control project in which I need certain motor parameters such as torque constant, inertia, resistance, inductance etc (all constants needed to model and write DC motor equations).

Can you please help me !!!!!!!!!

Regards

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
If you need motor parameters to match your controller design to, contact the manufacturer of the motor. They should know all that stuff. (You probably would at least need to tell them the model of the motor. Their mind readers aren't as good as we are.)

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Here is an example of a DATASHEET from faulhaber micro motors.

Here

The DATASHEET covers one motor frame size that is available in several different voltages (voltages listed across the top of the table of parameters).

dmta

Joined Mar 24, 2013
Hi guys, thank you all for replying !!!!!!!!!

The problem is that the motor doesn't have a manufacturer name or a part number.

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
Post a picture. Connect a voltage and measure RPM. Measure current required to develop known torque. Use an inductance meter and measure inductance. Use ohm meter to measure resistance. Disassemble and take physical measurements of armature as well as weight of armature. Hit the books and figure out inertia based upon mass and physical distribution. Sounds like a pig in a poke to me.