Dc motor/controller issue

cimber

Joined Oct 21, 2010
Right now I have a 1/8 hp dc gear motor. The brand name of motor is Stature. It is somewhat old but it works. It is 180 VDC and an rpm of 265.

Now I have a KBLC-19PM(MOD) w/ btb controller. Link below is a picture I took today. The Hp resistor says 120v .35 240v 1/30-1/20 1/15-1/10.

I currently have it hooked up to a 1/12 hp dc motor. And it works great.

My question is. How can I hook the new motor up and make it work with the controller that I already have?

Do I need to buy the right hp resistor for it? If so, which one do I need?

I do wanna plug this into the wall at my house.

Any other questions please just ask.

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/4779/20101021163538314.jpg

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
Those resistors are used for current limit control. You can run your 1/8 hp motor with your exsisting resistor, but you won't be able to develop full torque. I believe the 0.1 ohm resistor will put you into the adjustable current range you need.

cimber

Joined Oct 21, 2010
I ordered the right resistor yesterday. It should be here thursday/friday. So I wanted to test the motor out. I hooked up a plug to it. 3 wires to 3 wires. And all it does is vibrate. It dont even turn. The color of the wires from the motor are black green and white. The wires for the plug are green, blue and brown. I have the green connect to the green. white to blue. and black to brown. Any ideas on what is wrong?

cimber

Joined Oct 21, 2010
Yea, plugging it into the wall. So I need the controller to do the work, since ill be plugging it into the wall?

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
The KB controller in your picture is a good controller. It uses SCRs to convert the AC line to a pulsating DC to drive the motor. The reason they put a nameplate on a motor is so the user will know what kind of power it uses AC= AC only, DC= DC only, AC/DC= either. Then you get into Brushless DC which is an entirely different animal.

You are messing with voltage and current at levels you don't understand. If you continue to plug together utilization equipment and random voltages you are going to get a smoke bomb at the least and your face blown off your head at worst. Get some help who knows what they're doing.