DC fan controller modification

t1muk4s

Joined Jan 30, 2012
Hello!
I have a problem with a fan controller. The controller is able to regulate the voltage to the fan from 7 to 15 volts DC (speed regulation).
Also the controller is switching the voltage in the output from one output to the other so that the fan is able to spin in both directions (it switches the negative part of the output).
The fan has three wires so i assume that it has two coils.
I need to connect more fans to the controller, but the controller is only able to control 50W of fans. My goal is to boost somehow it to 300 or more watts.
I added a simple sketch to show the system.
What kind of solution is for this problem (so that the speed regulation works with the new switch block)?
Best wishes,
T.

Attachments

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
So do we just guess about what this mysterious controller is/schematic,etc..? or guess what type/specs of the fans you have? Who's to say your controller can't power them all now.. Maybe you have a 12V 1/4A fan (only 3 watts)
Also a typical 3 wire computer type fan used 2 for power and one is a tachometer signal for monitoring its speed.

t1muk4s

Joined Jan 30, 2012
Hello!

The fans are not typical computer fans. They have three wires one is the postivie wire and the other ones are negative. So the fan has two coils. Each one is for one direction - simple ! Need to use some sort of device that allows to connect more fans to the controller so that the rotation speed is regulated by the controller.