DC-DC converter

3abody

Joined Mar 24, 2009
Hey guys ,, my first post :D

I am a bit new in working with hardware always used to simulation so i do need lots of help on this

I am building buck/boost converter

Components :
PIC16F877A as a micro controller to generate PWM signal with connection similar to this demonstration (but not identical)

IRF 3205 n-channel MOSFET as a switch

IR2110 as mosfet driver

Some Resistors, capacitors and inductors

First i will start with the basic circuit and if it worked i will try to implement other DC/DC converter

I have already tested the PWM and it is working fine , now i could connect the pwm directly to the IRF3205 but i was told that i will not work and that i need MOSFET driver so i got one but i don't know how to connect it then i got that schematic from the data sheet

but it shows it working with only one MOSFET so i was wondering if someone can point me towards the correct direction, thanks in advance​

lmartinez

Joined Mar 8, 2009
You may find the following Mosfet drivers useful for your DC to DC converter:

The TPS2816 (or TPS28XX series) to single-channel high-speed MOSFET
drivers are capable of delivering peak
currents of up to 2 A into highly capacitive loads.
High switching speeds (tr and tf = 14 ns typ) are
obtained with the use of BiCMOS outputs

Do a search on the internet and you may find the appropriate driver for your project.

3abody

Joined Mar 24, 2009
I looked now at the tps2816 data sheet and it looks perfect and easy to implement but unfortunately I am limited to the local components available :( , i will take a look again and see if i can find it
thanks for ur help m8 :)